Quest Food Exchange: Redistributing Quality Surplus Food to Reduce Hunger with Dignity
Quest Food Exchange is a not-for-profit organization that provides dignified access to a variety of affordable and healthy foods to individuals facing food security challenges in British Columbia. Our primary objectives are to reduce hunger with dignity, build community and foster sustainability. Not open to the general public, Quest Food Exchange works in collaboration with food suppliers who donate their surplus food and community resource partners who refer their clients. Our environmentally conscious food redistribution program includes delivery trucks, distribution centres and not-for-profit grocery markets to ensure the quality surplus food we recover is allocated efficiently to those who need it. Clients are empowered to choose what suits their needs in our friendly, safe and welcoming grocery market environment.
To Access Food
Are you a person or charitable organization in the Lower Mainland looking for access to affordable food? Quest Food Exchange works closely with community resource partners to ensure that individuals and families can have a dignified shopping experience full of healthy and affordable choices in their quest for a nutritious meal.
- Quest’s fifth grocery market opens on the North Shore!
- New Video added! Click here.
- Offical press release: WalMart Foundation donates $100,000 USD to Quest Food Exchange.
- Quest Food Exchange nominated for BCFPA Sustainability Award – check out the video here.
- New video in our gallery entitled “Cassandra’s Story”, click here to watch.
From the blog…
- 2017: The Impact of our Partnership
2017: The Impact of Our Partnership
- 245,105 client visits registered at Quest’s Not-for-Profit Grocery Markets
- Over $8,273,000 in food donations received from tremendously supportive food suppliers
- Approximately 933 tonnes of quality surplus food and products were diverted from landfill sites
- 250 school children in five inner city schools in the Lower Mainland were provided with healthy snacks during the school year
- Approximately 46 tonnes of greenhouse gas equivalents prevented from entering our atmosphere
- Volunteers generously donated over 10,544 hours to Quest operations
- 1077 families enjoyed a
- Holiday Hamper Drive
The YVR Holiday Hamper Drive is underway! This is the 7th annual hamper drive with proceeds going directly Quest clients.
Check out the list of items to be included in the hampers and then drop it off at YVR on Thursday December 7th, 2017 between 11am and 3pm at The Spirit of Haida Gwaii: The Jade Canoe (International Departures). For more information visit www.yvr.ca/hamperdrive
Thank you for your support and helping us to provide hampers for families this holiday season!
- North Shore Mayors’ Golf Tournament Donation
We are grateful to have been selected as one of the designated charities at the 2017 North Shore Mayors’ Golf Tournament. Each year the North Shore Community Foundation and West Vancouver Community Foundation donate the first $50,000 raised to a worthwhile North Shore organization. This year, in honour of their 10th annual golf tournament, they selected two charities and donated $100,000! The $50,000 we received for our North Shore Distribution Centre
- THE NORTH VANCOUVER QUEST IS READY TO SERVE!
SPREAD THE WORD: QUEST IS HERE!
Great news for our Quest Food Exchange clients and partners, our new Grocery Market location in North Vancouver opened on January 30th!
This is our fifth location and will provide a dignified shopping experience. Like our other Not-For-Profit Grocery Markets, a variety of fresh, frozen, and non-perishables are available at a significantly reduced cost.
If you are an individual or family member on income assistance, are underemployed, receiving a pension, or qualify as