Quest Food Exchange: Redistributing Quality Surplus Food to Reduce Hunger with Dignity
Quest Food Exchange is a not-for-profit organization that provides dignified access to a variety of affordable and healthy foods to individuals facing food security challenges in British Columbia. Our primary objectives are to reduce hunger with dignity, build community and foster sustainability. Not open to the general public, Quest Food Exchange works in collaboration with food suppliers who donate their surplus food and community resource partners who refer their clients. Our environmentally conscious food redistribution program includes delivery trucks, distribution centres and not-for-profit grocery markets to ensure the quality surplus food we recover is allocated efficiently to those who need it. Clients are empowered to choose what suits their needs in our friendly, safe and welcoming grocery market environment.
To Access Food
Are you a person or charitable organization in the Lower Mainland looking for access to affordable food? Quest Food Exchange works closely with community resource partners to ensure that individuals and families can have a dignified shopping experience full of healthy and affordable choices in their quest for a nutritious meal.
- Quest’s fifth grocery market opens on the North Shore!
- New Video added! Click here.
- Offical press release: WalMart Foundation donates $100,000 USD to Quest Food Exchange.
- Quest Food Exchange nominated for BCFPA Sustainability Award – check out the video here.
- New video in our gallery entitled “Cassandra’s Story”, click here to watch.
From the blog…