Please note that all five of our not-for-profit grocery markets will be CLOSED on Friday, March 30th all day. The grocery markets will be open regular business hours on Saturday, March 31st and Monday, April 2nd.
Locations and hours can be found here.
2017: The Impact of Our Partnership
- 245,105 client visits registered at Quest’s Not-for-Profit Grocery Markets
- Over $8,273,000 in food donations received from tremendously supportive food suppliers
- Approximately 933 tonnes of quality surplus food and products were diverted from landfill sites
- 250 school children in five inner city schools in the Lower Mainland were provided with healthy snacks during the school year
- Approximately 46 tonnes of greenhouse gas equivalents prevented from entering our atmosphere
- Volunteers generously donated over 10,544 hours to Quest operations
- 1077 families enjoyed a wonderful holiday meal thanks to YVR’s sponsored annual hamper drive
A quote from a Quest client sums up the impact of our partnership in 2017:
“When I first started coming here I felt some shame because I was being offered something- a gift per say- and this felt out of my comfort zone. Very quickly I relaxed and realized that Quest is an amazing resource that has helped me eat healthy every day!” Lana
The YVR Holiday Hamper Drive is underway! This is the 7th annual hamper drive with proceeds going directly Quest clients.
Check out the list of items to be included in the hampers and then drop it off at YVR on Thursday December 7th, 2017 between 11am and 3pm at The Spirit of Haida Gwaii: The Jade Canoe (International Departures). For more information visit www.yvr.ca/hamperdrive
Thank you for your support and helping us to provide hampers for families this holiday season!